We’re easy to get to…
Durham Sixth Form Centre is in the heart of Durham City Centre. We are enviably located only a couple of minutes walk from both the bus station and the railway station.
We are near to Freeman’s Quay Leisure complex, the Gala Theatre and the Freeman’s Reach development. Our students enjoy having all of the city centre facilities, shops, restaurants, the city library, cinema and theatre on our doorstep.
In the city itself, students find a host of lively cultural, social and educational advantages and facilities. The theatres, galleries, exhibitions museums and book shops all play their part in enriching the students’ experience.
View Durham Sixth Form Centre in a larger map
Please note there are some changes to parking, which have already taken effect, in preparation for the construction of the new County Hall building, which will be built opposite Durham Sixth Form Centre, near the river.
- To enable the start of the construction of the new County Hall building, the Sands Car Park (opposite Durham Sixth Form Centre) is now closed and will be for a period of two years.
- The coach park has been relocated to Belmont Park and Ride on the A690.
- The Sidegate car park next to the Radisson Hotel has changed from a long stay car park to a short stay car park. – Riverwalk car parks have recently re-opened and provide over 450 spaces.
- Walkergate Car Park is unaffected by the building work and remains open as usual.
- Unfortunately there is very limited parking on site at Durham Sixth Form Centre.
A large public car-park (Walkergate Car Park) is positioned adjacent to the Centre. For further information about parking near Durham Sixth Form Centre, please visit click here.