During your enrolment appointment, you will:
- be formally welcomed to Durham Sixth Form Centre;
- discuss course choices and entry requirements with subject, progression and/or pastoral staff;
- confirm your subject choices and officially enrol.
Enrolment discussions are very important as it is essential that you are placed onto appropriate courses, since you will only be permitted to make one course change between starting Year 12 study and the end of September. These discussions will take various factors into consideration, including your level of academic success at Key Stage 4 and the balance of your GCSE and BTEC results (if applicable), as well as the availability of your chosen courses.
In order to enrol with us, there are some important documents that you must bring along with you. These include:
- Your birth certificate or passport (including a copy for our records);
- Official proof of all of your examination results, including any examinations that you sat early in Years 9 and/or 10 (including a photocopy for our records);
- Up-to-date contact details for your parents/carers and emergency contact details, as well as your medical practice name and telephone number.
Please note that you will not be able to enrol without these documents under any circumstances.
Please remember that securing your place is subject to meeting our entry requirements.