Enrolment Arrangements - August 2018
As your GCSE examinations draw to a close, we hope you are excited about the beginning of a new chapter in your life. Once you have received your GCSE results, you are required to formally enrol to become a student at Durham Sixth Form Centre.
We would therefore like to take this opportunity to give you further details about enrolling with us in August. Details of your personalised enrolment appointment have been sent to you via letter. Your appointment will be on one of the following dates:
- Tuesday 28th August 2018
- Wednesday 29th August 2018
- Thursday 30th August 2018
Your enrolment appointment should last approximately one hour. Please note that if you arrive significantly before your allocated appointment time, we will be unable to enrol you until the time specified above. If you are unable to make this appointment, please contact us at your earliest convenience, so that we can arrange an alternative.
During your enrolment appointment, you will:
- be formally welcomed to Durham Sixth Form Centre;
- discuss course choices and entry requirements with Curriculum Leaders of Learning;
- officially enrol with your Pastoral Leader of Learning.
Enrolment discussions are very important as it is essential that you are placed onto appropriate courses, since you will only be permitted to make one course change between starting Year 12 study and the end of September. These discussions will take various factors into consideration, including your level of academic success at Key Stage 4 and the balance of your GCSE and BTEC results (if applicable), as well as the availability of your chosen courses.
In order to enrol with us, there are some important documents that you must bring along with you. These include:
- Your birth certificate or passport;
- Official proof of all of your examination results, including any examinations that you sat early in Years 9 and/or 10 (including a photocopy for our records);
- Up-to-date contact details for your parents/carers and emergency contacts, as well as your medical practice name and telephone number.
Please note that you will not be able to enrol without these documents under any circumstances.
Please remember that securing your place is subject to meeting our entry requirements.
We look forward to seeing you again at our Year 11 Taster Day on Thursday 19th July, and welcoming you to enrolment in August. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting Your Place
Please confirm acceptance of your place and attendance at your enrolment appointment by Friday 13th July, by clicking here.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you the very best of luck with your GCSE examination results.